Friday, December 17, 2010

snow day

Yesterday was our first official school is out "snow day". I had a huge schedule planned that included Christmas baking, ornament making, snow fort building and cleaning. The only things I accomplished was ornament making- not completing- and snow play. Reality set in and the glue glitter got to my head and I decided to down scale. Baking can wait till next year and cleaning can wait till never.

I dug out the snow gear- The boys snow pants were WAY too short but doable and the snow boots were MIA. I finally found one pair and decided that the rain boots would work for Mark ( we just tripled his socks). He seemed down with it .... I hadnt thought to include Ry but after much moaning and groaning ( from me) I gave in and bundled him up. We went outside - played for 5 minutes and I drug him back in. It took longer to get him ready than he played. The snow was just too deep and a few faceplants were just too much for us both to handle....they all had loads of fun and Ry slept for 3 1/2 hours after. Inhaling snow was apparently too much for his little system.....

oh and we found the second pair of snow boots. They were in the outside playbox covered with snow. Isnt that a fabulous place to store snowboots? I must really work on my organizational skills....



2 comments:

  1. I am glad to know it is not just my house of all boys that is a little busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope- not just yours :) They keep us on our toes huh?

    ReplyDelete